[Australia Weekly Migration News 46 issue]
- 96 Views
- July 8, 2019
- 0 Comments.
- The Commonwealth Government confirmed that the planning level has been set at 160,000 places for program year 2019-2020.
The government will reduce the Skilled Independent category and prioritise Employer Sponsored, Regional and State and Territory Nominated visa categories. The focus of the Migration Program continues to be on high quality skilled migrants who bring maximum benefit to Australian.
- The Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) (subclass 491) visa will commence on 16 November 2019. The Skilled Regional (Provisional) (subclass 489) visa will cease on 15 November 2019.
In the transitional period, the last day for intending migrants to lodge an EOI in SkillSelect for the subclass 489 visa is 10 September 2019. The last day for people who have been invited to apply for a subclass 489 visa to lodge a subclass 489 visa application is 15 November 2019.
- DAMAs are now in place for the following locations:
- Northern Territory
- Great South Coast, Victoria
- WA Goldfields, Western Australia
- Regional South Australia
- Adelaide City
- Orana NSW
- Far North QLD
- The Government announced the Global Talent-Initiative program in December 2018, recently renamed the Global Talent-Independent (GTI).
GTI will identify high-calibre candidates, at the top of their profession, through active targeting and promotion in Australia and overseas. This program includes up to 5,000 permanent migration places for the 2019-20 program year (this figure includes primary and secondary applicants).
Any enquiries please contact us at: email@example.com
Source from: Skilled Visa eNews – July 2019