Student Guardian Visa – Subclass 590

Student Guardian Visa – Subclass 590

If the student is under 18 years of age, one of his or her parents or relative can apply for a student guardian visa.

In order to be granted a student guardian visa, the applicant must:

  • be a parent or person who has custody of the student, or a relative who is 21 years or older and has been nominated in writing by a parent or someone who has custody of the student
  • not bring family members younger than 6 years of age, except under certain circumstances
  • be able to provide accommodation, general welfare and other support to the student unless you are applying for this visa with the support of the government your home country.
  • You must also:
  • meet health and character requirements
  • have enough money to support yourself, any dependants accompanying you and the student.
  • have adequate health insurance for you and any dependants coming with you
  • not owe any money to the Australian government or have arranged to repay any money owed
  • only stay in Australia temporarily
  • provide biometric information if we ask for it.

The holder of the Student Guardian Visa is allowed to:

  • stay in Australia for as long as the student stays or up until the student turns 18 years of age
  • study an English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS) for less than 20 hours per week
  • study another course for up to three months.

The visa does not generally allow you to work.

You can care for more than one student.

Our consultants at LH Global can advice you on your course and education provider options, based on your need, budget, and future plan for your career and lifestyle, and assist you all the way from applying for a course until your student visa is grant and settled in Australia. We can further assist you in apply for work visa, skilled migration visas after graduating.